Minami Hong Kong Church, the first post-war church in Hong Kong, was established in January. The enshrinement service and the installation service for its head minister, Rev. Mitsuko Kitamura, were conducted on the 11th and 12th, respectively.
Tenrikyo was first brought to Hong Kong in 1928, and two churches were established in the years that followed. During World War II, however, Japanese missionaries and others who were connected with the churches had no choice but to go back to Japan. The first post-war fellowship in Hong Kong was established in 1962. In the following year, the second Shinbashira, Shozen Nakayama, visited that fellowship. Tenrikyo Mission Center in Hong Kong was then established in 1978 and Tenri Japanese Language School of Hong Kong in 1986.
A total of 65 followers, including Hong Kong Mission Center Head Ryoji Omukai, attended the installation service.